The PC Support Specialist program prepares students to deal with the problems they may encounter when supporting Personal Computers in an office environment. It provides in-depth knowledge of both computer hardware and software and prepares students to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam. Students will have practical hands-on experience in troubleshooting computer problems and assembling a computer.
Successful students may choose to progress to advanced qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), which are in high demand.
Duties with PC Support Specialist may include:
- Providing technical support within small to medium sized
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Replacing and installing a new computer
- Keeping up-to-date on new trends in personal computing
- Must be proficient in all aspects of computer software applications and operating
- Must have in-depth knowledge of how computer systems work
Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.