The Marketing Coordinator Diploma is designed to prepare students for entry-level marketing support positions relating to a variety of integrated marketing and communication activities. Its objective is to expose students to a broad range of marketing knowledge and processes, administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a marketing related career.
The Marketing Coordinator program will provide the skills to progress into manager-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training. This program provides students with:
- Leading-edge marketing skills and current course curriculum relevant to today’s businesses in Canada,and in some cases, internationally.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of marketing support and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: team-work, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of marketing practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to the many facets of marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and graphics.
Individuals working in a Marketing Coordinator career perform a wide range of marketing support and administrative duties relating to the day-to-day operation of a marketing department. Specific job duties vary with education and experience and may include:
- Assist Marketing Manager to coordinate a wide range of integrated marketing and communication
- Interface and build relationships with counterparts at marketing suppliers.
- Coordinate production of various marketing communications.
- Track campaigns, prepare post-campaign performance analysis reports and make recommendations for corrective changes to concurrent
- Desktop publishing, developing and maintaining sales collateral and proposals, rate cards, brochures, newsletters, and other marketing
- Oversee the execution/production of marketing materials.
- Execute a variety of details involving direct mail, outbound calls, mass email broadcast campaigns, marketing events and trade shows, public relations, promotions, customer communications, media advertisements, and other marketing